How exciting it is! Your wedding celebration is only a day away. However, don’t forget to do a final check to ensure everything is covered on your wedding day because it is a day to relax and enjoy. Below is the checklist you just need to follow, one by one. Easy!
We divide the list into two sections: the day before and the morning before the photographers arrive.
The day before
- Outfits: shirt, jacket, pants, socks, belt, tie/bow-tie. Check if there is any loose button. Iron all of them. Keep them in one place, ideally in one single garment bag. Get a nice hanger too.
- Practice the tie/bow-tie a few times in advance if you are not familiar with them. YouTube is your best friend. If it is too hard, no worry. You can work it out with your groomsmen tomorrow. It’s fun to do photos while you are all figuring it out together.
- Accessories: handkerchief/pocket-square, cuff-links, watch. Put all of them in a box, or in a ziplock bag. Then put it in the garment bag.
- Shoes: brush and polish them.
- The rings: keep three of them at one place: the engagement ring and two wedding rings. Most photographers will ask you to do this. Check with them to know if you or the bride should keep.
- Grooming kit: you don’t want to run back and forth to the grocery in the morning.
- Vows: make sure everything you want to say is on a note. Make a copy in your phone, and email one to yourself. For the best vow exchange experience, DO NOT practice them beforehand.
- Allergy killers: if you have an allergy to anything.
- Check in with groomsmen to make sure everyone is on the same page: time, location, tasks. One person late means the whole crew late. Remind them to bring what they have to.
- Gifts: for the bride, for the groomsmen. Wrap them in advance.
- Set the alarm at least two hours before the photographers arrive.
- Finally, sleep early.
- Drink too much. A little champagne is okay. Save the booze for tomorrow reception.
- Eat too much or try new food. This might upset your stomach.
- Stay up late for any reason. Get yourself at least 8-hour sleep.
The morning of the wedding (before your photographers arrive)
- Call your wedding party and make sure they already woke up. Remind them again what they should bring.
- If you need to buy something, ask a groomsman to do it on his way. Once everyone arrives, no one goes anywhere. It’s time for photos.
- Tidy up the room, put away bottles, snacks, trash. Keep it clean at ALL TIME before your photographers arrive.
- Lay your outfits, all accessories, rings in one place (on the bed or table), ready for the photographers to take photos as soon as they arrive.
- Skip breakfast, no matter how nervous you are, or if you don’t feel like eating. Eat light if you cannot take a full meal. It is a long day and you need lots of energy to stay sharp.
- Shave your beard or style your hair before your photographers come. They prefer to take photos when you actually do it. Ask your photographers to make sure. Different photographers have different approach.